fhm

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Personal Story: from ThinkTwice.com

After visiting the ThinkTwice site for the first time today I felt compelled to speak out for my daughter, Keely. As a resident of the U.K., I also feel my country is letting me down. My daughter developed early with her speech at under 6 months old. She was such a happy baby who loved nothing more than physical contact. And then came the imminent choice of the M.M.R. After much deliberation I decided Keely was to have this vaccination. How I only wish I could turn back time. Within the following months it was as if someone had stolen my daughter away from me. Of course physically she looked the same but little did I know the baby I knew was locked inside her own mind. The speech disappeared, her early skills had also gone, and suddenly it seemed as if Keely had forgotten everything she once knew. We are now awaiting diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder for Keely, and while the doctors are fine talking about Keely's condition, the room falls silent at the mention of the M.M.R. We know what that vaccination has done to our child. Isn't it blatantly obvious to the rest of the world. I've come to the conclusion that the world has gone mad but amongst the madness I'm focused on staying sane and being the voice of my daughter. One day our silent children will speak for themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home